Valid online at penningtons.com for a limited time. Receive FREE STANDARD SHIPPING on all orders of $120 or more, after applicable discounts, before taxes, shipping and handling, shipped within Canada. Shipping costs will be automatically deducted at checkout from all eligible orders, after applicable discounts and before taxes. This offer is not valid on previous purchases and international shipments. Additional restrictions may apply. Limited time offer.
1. The following terms and conditions (collectively, the “Terms”) describe and govern the Penningtons STYLE INSIDERS Program (the “Program”). These Terms replace and take precedence over any previous terms and conditions associated with previous Penningtons reward programs. These Terms and the Program shall be effective as of September 1st, 2014.
2. The Program is a customer rewards program offered by Reitmans (Canada) Ltd. (“Reitmans”) only through its Penningtons division (“Penningtons”) to Penningtons customers purchasing Penningtons merchandise from Penningtons stores (the “Stores” or each individually a “Store”) and/or the www.penningtons.com website (the “Website”). Participation in the Program will allow customers to earn rewards based on the pre-tax, pre-shipping, post-discount and post-returns amount of their purchases. Once certain purchase thresholds are met by a customer s/he will receive rewards coupons offering dollar value savings which may be applied to future purchases of Penningtons merchandise.
How to Become a Member
3. Membership is free and no initial purchase is required in order to become a Member.
4. Customers wishing to become Members in the Program must fill out and submit (accurately, completely and legibly) a Program application form available at any Store location or online through the Website at the Program URL: www.styleinsiders.penningtons.com. Membership in the Program is open to all individuals who have reached the age of majority in the country, state, province or territory in which they reside or who have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian.
5. A customer whose completed application has been received, processed and approved by Penningtons (the “Member”) will then be issued a Penningtons Style Insiders Program Membership Number (the “Style Insider Number”) ,). The Style Insider Numberwill be registered in the name of the individual Member and an account with this unique account number will be opened in that Member’s name (the “Account”). It is only that individual Member who may benefit from the use of the Style Insider Numberregistered in his/her name.
6. The Style Insider Card is not a debit, credit or prepaid gift card and has no cash or surrender value. The Style Insider Card and Style Insider Number remains the property of Penningtons and may be unilaterally revoked at any time by Penningtons in its sole discretion. Penningtons reserves the right to revoke a Style Insider Card or Number in the event of breach of these Terms by a Member, misuse or abuse of the Program by a Member, fraud, and/or any other action deemed by Penningtons to be contrary to the Program or the interests of its Members.
7. Members must provide accurate information. Penningtons shall not be liable for misdirected email or mail communications, including any notices under these Terms or any consequences thereof where a Member’s information is inaccurate or no longer valid. Penningtons may contact a Member if it believes that some of its records concerning that Member are inaccurate. Penningtons reserves the right to cancel any Account for which incomplete or inaccurate information has been provided, and all Points redemptions on that Account may be blocked and any Points awarded may be forfeited. Penningtons reserves the right to refuse issuance of an Account to any person who does not follow the prescribed enrolment procedures.
Earning Style insiders Points and Reward Coupons
8. Membership in the Program entitles a Member to earn Penningtons Style Insiders Points (“Points”) at a rate of twenty (20) Points per net dollar spent by such Member on all in-store or online purchases of Penningtons merchandise only (after rebates and returns (see paragraph 12 below), before taxes, shipping and handling) made during the 12-month period between September 1st to August 31st of any given calendar year (the “Program Year”). POINTS ARE CUMULATIVE, BUT POINTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN REDEEMED IN ANY PROGRAM YEAR WILL EXPIRE ON AUGUST 31ST OF SUCH PROGRAM YEAR. POINT BALANCES ARE THEREFORE RE-SET TO ZERO ON SEPTEMBER 1ST OF EVERY YEAR. WHEN TRANSACTING IN-STORE, MEMBERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR STYLE INSIDER NUMBER PROVIDE THE NECESSARY INFORMATION (EMAIL ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER ASSOCIATED WITH THE ACCOUNT) TO IN-STORE REPRESENTATIVES AND WHEN TRANSACTING ON THE WEBSITE, MEMBERS MUST IDENTIFY THEMSELVES WITH THEIR PERSONAL STYLE INSIDER CARD NUMBER IN ORDER TO ACCUMULATE POINTS AND BENEFIT FROM THE PROGRAM.
9. Once a Member reaches certain Point thresholds within the Program Year, the Member will be entitled to receive the following Style Insiders Penningtons reward coupons, redeemable in-store only at any Store location:
a.A $15 reward coupon once a Member has reached 5,000 Points, and automatic PRIVILEGED status (see paragraph below);
b.A $20 reward coupon once a Member has reached 10,000 Points and automatic ALL ACCESS status (see paragraph below); and
c.An additional $25 reward coupon once a Member has reached 15,000 Points.
For greater certainty, there shall be a maximum of $60 of reward coupons awarded to a Member in each Program Year.
10. A Member’s Account may be closed at Penningtons’ discretion if no Points are accrued during any consecutive 24-month period.
11. Points have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash. Points may not be assigned, exchanged, transferred, purchased, sold or given away and shall become void in any such cases.
12. Returns and/or exchanges will be honoured in accordance with Penningtons’ Returns and Price Adjustment Policy as indicated on the Website. On a return and/or exchange, Points will be deducted automatically from the Member’s account that was used for the original purchase.
Conditions for Reward coupons
13. Reward coupons must be redeemed within TWO (2) months of their date of issuance on a single in-store purchase of Penningtons merchandise. Reward coupons must be presented and surrendered at time of purchase. No mechanical or other reproductions will be accepted. Reward coupons may not be applied to the purchase of gift cards or to previously purchased merchandise. Penningtons is not responsible for lost or stolen reward coupons. Reward coupons may not be redeemed for cash. Additional restrictions may apply. Reward coupons shall be issued to qualifying Members EIGHT (8) times per year by mail. REWARD COUPONS MAY NOT BE REDEEMED ON ONLINE PURCHASES.
14. Program Points and any rewards and benefits provided in connection with the Program may be subject to tax liability such as GST, PST or HST. Any tax liability, including, without limitation, disclosure connected with the receipt or use of Program Points, and any rewards and benefits provided in connection with the Program is the sole responsibility of the Member. Reitmans shall not be responsible or liable in any manner for any tax consequences which may arise from a Member’s participation in the Program.
INSIDER Status and Benefits
15. The Program also entitles all Members to the following benefits:
a.A seasonal fashion book containing various offers upon issuance of the Style Insider Number (new Members only);
b.Accumulate Points faster during “Bonus Points” events;
c.Access to Penningtons fashion experts during “Customer Appreciation” days;
d.Exclusive “Style Insiders’ Offers”;
e.Advanced email notice of new Penningtons products, special offers and promotions;
f.A birthday surprise during the Member’s birthday month; and
g.Eligibility to enroll in “Style Insider Members Only” contests.
PRIVILEGED Status and Benefits
16. Members who accumulate over 5,000 Points within a Program Year obtain PRIVILEGED status for the remaining portion of that Program Year and the subsequent Program Year. PRIVILEGED status will be lost at the end of the subsequent Program Year if the Member fails to accumulate 5000 Points in the subsequent Program Year. In addition to the benefits described above, PRIVILEGED status members also obtain the following PRIVILEGED status benefits during the remaining portion of that Program Year and the subsequent Program Year:
1. Personalized promotional offers sent directly by mail, such as rebates or coupons;
2. Exclusive access to Penningtons shopping style events; and
3. One or more additional day(s) to take advantage of certain time-limited sales.
ALL ACCESS Status and Benefits
17. Members who accumulate over 10,000 Points within a Program Year obtain ALL ACCESS status for the remaining portion of that Program Year and the subsequent Program Year. ALL ACCESS status will be lost at the end of the subsequent Program Year if the Member fails to accumulate 10,000 Points in the subsequent Program Year. In addition to the benefits described above, ALL ACCESS status members also obtain the additional following ALL ACCESS status benefits during the remaining portion of that Program Year and the subsequent Program Year:
1. Two (2) coupons for free shipping when making purchases on the Website (expiry date is three (3) months following issuance);
2. In addition, for the ten (10) ALL ACCESS status members who have accumulated the most points during a Program Year, a gift chosen by Penningtons in its sole discretion and valued at a minimum of five hundred dollars ($500); and
3. Participation in exclusive ALL ACCESS contests.
Lost or Stolen Style Insider Cards
18. A Member must notify Penningtons immediately if her/his Style Insider Card is lost or stolen. In the case of a lost, stolen or damaged Style Insider Card, all accumulated, unredeemed Points associated with the previous Account will remain intact and will be transferred to the Member’s new Account. Members acknowledge and agree that Penningtons shall not be responsible for any Point redemption made using a Member’s lost or stolen Style Insider Card.
19. PENNINGTONS RESERVES THE RIGHT, FROM TIME TO TIME, TO MODIFY THESE TERMS, OR OTHERWISE MODIFY OR TERMINATE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY REWARD, REWARD COUPONS, AND/OR OTHER BENEFIT OFFERED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, POINTS THRESHOLDS, CONDITIONS OF REWARDS COUPONS, AND REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIPS OR STATUS TIERS), IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, AT ANY TIME.
20. In the event of any material modification to these Terms or the Program, written notice shall be provided to Penningtons customers and Members at least thirty (30) days before such modifications come into force and will be posted in-store at all Store locations and online on the Website, and/or, at Penningtons’ sole discretion, may be sent directly to Penningtons customers and Members by e-mail, mail or otherwise. Such notice shall provide details of the nature of the modifications being put into effect. In the event of the termination of these Terms and/or the Program, written notice shall be provided to Penningtons customers and Members at least thirty (30) days before such termination.
21. Members may choose to cancel their membership in the Program at any time by providing written notice to Penningtons at the address provided below. In the event that a Member cancels their Program membership, all Points awarded and accrued to that Account shall be forfeited.
22. MEMBERS ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSSES, EXPENSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, COSTS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION AND INJURIES CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM, OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE STYLE INSIDER CARD, REWARDS CERTIFICATES OR ANY PRIZES OR BENEFITS GRANTED PURSUANT TO THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IN CONNECTION WITH TRAVEL, IF APPLICABLE). TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MEMBERS RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE REITMANS (CANADA) LIMITED AND ITS VARIOUS DIVISIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS PENNINGTONS DIVISION, PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, ADVISORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND REPRESENTATIVES, FROM ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, COSTS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE FOREGOING AND THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS BASED ON VIOLATION OF A MEMBER’S PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
23. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ALL ASPECTS OF THE PROGRAM ARE PROVIDED BY REITMANS "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY CONDITION, REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT AND IN NO EVENT SHALL REITMANS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM. CERTAIN FEDERAL, STATE OR PROVINCIAL LAWS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO A MEMBER, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY, AND SAID MEMBER MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION, “REITMANS” SHALL INCLUDE REITMANS’ RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, MANDATARIES, ADVISORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND REPRESENTATIVES.
25. Members must ensure that their contact information is accurate in order to ensure that Program information is sent to the proper address. It is each Member’s sole responsibility to notify Penningtons in writing at the address indicated below if he or she changes his or her address or other contact information. Penningtons shall not be liable for misdirected email or mail communications, including any notices under these Terms or any consequences thereof where a Member’s information is inaccurate or no longer valid.
26. A Member’s address or other contact information may be updated:
Questions or Comments about the Program?
27. Please speak to our in-store representatives or contact us by phone at 1-866-388-4785 or visit the Customer Service section of our website at www.penningtons.com to ask us or provide us with any of your questions or comments.
a. In-store (using the point of sale system) at any Penningtons store location;
b. In writing to:
Reitmans (Canada) Limited,
250 Sauvé Street West,
Montréal, Québec H3L 1Z2
ATTENTION: Penningtons Customer Service;
c. By Phone: Customer Service (1-866-388-4785); and
29. For greater certainty, use of a Style Insider Card or Style Insider Number at any time after these Terms are amended shall be deemed to constitute agreement to and acceptance of such revised Terms. Notwithstanding any other section of these Terms, publication of the Terms on the Website shall be deemed notice of such terms and conditions, where notice is required or permitted to be given hereunder. The current Program Terms are set out on the Website. A Member may also ask a sales associate at any Store location for a copy.
30. Save for Program Members who reside in the Province of Québec, these Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein. Save for Program Members who reside in the Province of Québec, all Members attorn to the jurisdiction of the Province of Ontario. For Program Members who reside in the Province of Québec, these Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Quebec and the laws of Canada applicable therein. For Program Members who reside in the Province of Québec, all Members attorn to the jurisdiction of the Province of Quebec.
31. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between each Member and Penningtons relating to the Program.
32. Any waiver by Penningtons of the strict observance, performance or compliance by a Member with any of these Terms, either expressly granted or by course of conduct, shall be effective only in the specific instance and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any rights or remedies of Penningtons as a result of any other failure to observe, perform or comply with these Terms. No delay or omission by Penningtons in exercising any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as waiver thereof or of any other right or remedy.
33. The provisions of these Terms are severable and if any provision is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, that will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.
34. Employees of Reitmans (Canada) Limited and its Penningtons division are ineligible for Program membership.
*POINTS ARE CUMULATIVE. POINT BALANCES ARE RE-SET TO ZERO ON SEPTEMBER 1STOF EVERY YEAR.